[meteorite-list] Old Sikhote-Alin documentary film

Alexander Seidel gsac at gmx.net
Thu Jan 11 19:53:42 EST 2007

I don´t know whether this has already been posted here on the list, but in a German internet forum about minerals and meteorites I just found a link to Jeff Kuykens´ Australian site, which hosts a nice old b/w documentary film about the Sikhote-Alin fall:

http://www.meteorites.com.au/odds&ends/sikhote-alin.html

[Rather big, 43.8 MB, and almost 18 minutes long. With English subtitles provided by expert translator (Russian native speaker) Sergey Vassiliev]

You might enjoy this oldie! Shortly before the film ends, there is a small section showing a view of the Boguslavka IIAB Hex meteorite on display in the Russian Academy of Sciences. For several weeks now I have been the proud owner of a very nice 13.15-g-slice of that one showing excellent Neumann lines. Some slices of this meteorite may still be available from "Chladni´s Heirs" (Martin Altmann, Stefan Ralew, Andi Gren) at the Tucson show, well, if you hurry...

Alex
Berlin/Germany