[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Mon Jan 8 16:10:49 EST 2007

Hi Martin and list.  I wrote a piece for  Meteorite Magazine about good and
garbage thins.  I agree, you get what you  pay for.  Most cheap thins would be
useful for a micro mount collection but  should go nowhere near a microscope.

One exception is Ivan  Koutyrev.  He has sold thins on eBay cheap and they
are among the best I  have worked with.  I think he has them made at a
university in St.  Petersburg.  Ivan has some stories we all would love to hear.  I
heard  he spent last summer in an Oman jail for legally collecting and just drew
the  attention of the wrong person.

Tom