[meteorite-list] Fukang preparation extraneous material

Matt Morgan mmorgan at mhmeteorites.com
Mon Feb 19 14:01:17 EST 2007

Howard:
I have seen this in a few pallasites recently and it is can be
unsightly.  It is a resin that is used to keep the thin slices from
falling apart.  Also, I had some Seymchan recently cut (by a very
well-known person) and noticed he used some lacquer to hold together the
crusted surface of the piece where the olivine would come off.  I
thought it was pretty ugly and removed the lacquer.  Would rather have a
missing crystal than a blob of lacquer! Yuck.

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites