[meteorite-list] you really never know what you have, till you really loo...

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Fri Feb 16 21:16:53 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/16/2007 6:12:28 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
nlehrman at nvbell.net writes:
Gang,

It'll be fun to see who can type  fastest when it is
posted with a $0.01 Buy-it-now!!

Regarding the  fusion crust, I have been shopping for a
nice Tatahouine, and I have been  surprised at how many
little fragments actually do have tiny patches  of
fusion crust.  It's mostly at a hand-lens scale, but
more often  than not, there is a bit present.

Cheers (and fast  typing!)
Norm
http://TektiteSource.com

It is rare to find any crust on Tatahouines.
But it does happen, and then the crust is not black but ash-gray.
Take  a look:

        _http://www.impactika.com/crustedTat1.jpg_
(http://www.impactika.com/crustedTat1.jpg)
        _http://www.impactika.com/crustedTat2.jpg_