[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTION SCENE.

Dave Freeman mjwy dfreeman at fascination.com
Thu Feb 15 16:27:18 EST 2007

Dear List;
As many of you who know me already know, I quit drinking a long time ago
(20 years come August) as I couldn't remember crap,  or conduct
business, or personal affairs when drunk, 1/4 full of beer, or plowed.

MAYBE THERE MAY BE A TIME WHEN SOME  INDIVIDUALS, or certain or all
auctions should consider
offering sober auctions to sober people.  How many people at an auction,
and how many have had over 2 drinks per
hour?  2 drinks per hour is too much to drive a car in Wyoming-you go to
jail.
My point exactly.  You wouldn't go to your banker drunk, you shouldn't
go buy a new car drunk, why would you intend on spending serious money
at an auction and have a snoot full?
I personally think if you intend on bidding to leave the bottle alone,
and if you are there to just watch to sit in the back and shut up.
I realize the Tucson show is a big party but the money changing hands
maybe should take place in a more sobering daytime environment and let
the partying be for after the money/auctions are done.
Just my 2 cents on all the lost and lost track of meteorite, meteorite
prices, all the garbage being thrown,
Just grow up a little and  lay off the booze when doing business. Seems
really sensible to me.
Dave F.
.