[meteorite-list] [SPAM] Re: Larry's Holbrook Holy Grail Find

DNAndrews dna1 at cableone.net
Wed Feb 14 00:16:25 EST 2007

>They say Holbrook is the product of two breakups, one
>after the other, when the largest fragment then re-fragmented
>again.

Hi Sterling,
Yes, according to the original Holbrook Argus newspaper articles right
after the fall, there were two detonations.  My theory is that the first
landed at the "Holbrook" strewnfield.  The second?  Have you seen/heard
of Bob Haag's "Venus Stone"?  I know exactly where and how it was found
and have been waiting permission to search the private property.  Even
Bob himself doesn't know how or exactly where it was found (well he
might now, because I told him the story a while back).  The owners of
the land and finders of the stone didn't know what they had and just
gave it to a passer-by who in turn traded it for enough cash to buy
himself a new trailer house.

Just a theory though.
Dave