[meteorite-list] Larry's Holbrook Holy Grail Find

Thetoprok at aol.com Thetoprok at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 19:45:28 EST 2007

Hello Dave, Rubin, John G and List,

I  want to thank everyone for the kind comments, both public and private, I'm
happy  to have made a small splash in the big meteorite pond. A special
thanks goes out  to Dave Andrews for his hospitality while we visited his town, and
most of all  for leading me right to the "Find of a Lifetime" or "Holy Grail
of Holbrook" as  Dave so fondly called it within minutes of showing it to him.
Thanks Dave, it  wouldn't have happened if you were not there.
I'd like to show all the  pictures of the find, tell the story and comment on
the conditions which the  meteorite was found, etc. However, I'm going to
attempt my first article for  "Meteorite" magazine and I will share the story
there.

Thanks again for  the nice words,
Larry Atkins

Also.. It was a great to meet a bunch of  you good folks down in Tucson.
Moni, Mark Bowling, Ruben, Mr Grondine, all  others I can't name at the moment, it
was my pleasure.
Mexico Doug, I thought  there still may be some fragments left in the
Holbrook find site, but I decided  to leave them for the first fortunate soul to get
there and mine the patch..  Lucky you too!

In a message dated 2/12/2007 11:53:50 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time,