[meteorite-list] Asteroid may be set to slam Mars in Jan.

Mark Crawford mark at meteorites.cc
Wed Dec 26 06:12:53 EST 2007

It's interesting to speculate on the effect a second massive, observed
planetary impact in 15 years (or 3 in 100, if you count Tunguska) would
have on policy makers.  One might expect that it would redouble
investment in the search for, and technologies for dealing with, PHAs.

One might hope that even the most rabid catastrophe-deniers among the
political elite would be encouraged to act... but then, maybe I'm still
on a Happy Hangover from an excessive Christmas Lunch ;-)