[meteorite-list] Phoenix desert fireball

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 17 17:54:55 EST 2007

That isn't footage of a Geminid (it is space junk), and it wasn't taken
near Phoenix. This video was made by a Fox News helicopter over Denver
on January 4, 2007. Here's a YouTube link showing the original news
report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8pPGxAyrY0 (with depressingly
bad commentary) and here's my report, since this was also caught on the
Colorado allsky network cameras:
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/fireball20070104.html

Actually, the video in the link you provide looks like it might be
pieced together from several sources.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory