[meteorite-list] magnetic meteorites

Michael Murray mmurray at montrose.net
Sun Dec 2 19:43:20 EST 2007

Hi List,
I've read somewhere that it is possible for a meteorite to be
magnetic.  Reading that made me believe someone has discovered such a
meteorite(s).   Anyone out there on the List want to volunteer
information and/or maybe some pictures (or a link to some pictures)
of such an iron?  Let me guess this first, mostly kamacite, right?
If you have pictures, besides wanting to confirm my guess, I am
interested in seeing the exterior, as in flow features and fusion
crust.  I would also be interested in knowing just how magnetic it is.

Mike Murray