[meteorite-list] Any one find any "Space Pearls"? Observations wanted. Micrographs to send!

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 10:53:50 EDT 2007

Hi List.  I have started to call them "Space Pearls"  You have to  open a lot
of meteorites to find them.

What I am talking about is  a unique crystal structure in a small round
chondrule/inclusion.  These  objects stand out from the matrix as very different
and I have found them in  very different meteorite material.  The first one I
found was in a slice of  JaH 055, a photo of that one was published in Meteorite
Magazine.  Since  then I have only found partial or not completely developed
(apparently)  examples. Yesterday I found an other one.  These are not common.
 I  have cut, polished and examined hundreds of meteorites and I am only up
to 2  good examples.

Perhaps some others have come on to these objects as  well?  Always much
smaller than a chondrule.  Hardly visible with out  magnification and no features
can be seen so spotting them would require  microscope viewing.

Please email me and I will send an email with  embedded micrographs (nothing
to download separately).  I am eager to hear  observations of what these are
and if you have noticed them before.

Thanks,  Tom Phillips