[meteorite-list] AD---Eagle Station PAL

David Weir dgweir at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 19:54:46 EDT 2007

Hello List,

I purchased a small part slice of the hard-to-find pallasite Eagle
Station from Steve Arnold #1 in 2002 and have since upgraded. I will
re-offer this 0.764 g part slice for well below Steve's fair initial
price (I've enjoyed it a couple hundred dollars worth), and at the
lowest price per gram I have ever seen for this pallasite. This is a
great deal for someone who needs a small representative specimen from
this group in their collection.

The Eagle Station grouplet is isotopically related to the CV parent
body. As proposed by Bunch et al. (2005), this asteroid may have once
comprised a silicated iron core like in NWA 176, an Eagle Station PAL
core-mantle boundary, an outer lithosphere composed of a  CV-affinity
metachondrite like in NWA 1839 and 3133, and an Allende-like regolith.

A full description of the Eagle Station specimen being offered along
with photos (click on the close-up view) can be found on the following
webpage:

http://meteoritestudies.com/protected_eagsta.htm

I'm not a big fan of ebay's fee structure so the first e-mail I receive
with a commitment to purchase this specimen for $189 plus actual
shipping costs will buy it. Money Orders please unless I know you; no
Paypal ability, sorry. The specimen comes with a membrane box, and the
shipping costs will be added commensurate with the price of a USPS
Priority package with insurance to your location ($7.40 in the US).

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

David Weir
meteoritestudies.com