[meteorite-list] Meteorite smugglers anger scientists

valparint at aol.com valparint at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 12:22:13 EDT 2007

The article at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6549197.stm states "But
scientists oppose this marketplace. They want to put a stop to the trade
because they're losing valuable material to the collectors." THEY are
losing valuable material?!? If it's theirs to lose it implies that they
already own it all. Shall we take a poll? I'll start by voting for private
property rules.

These folks should ditch the whiny-entitlement-mindset and actively forge
working relationships with the Michael Farmers of the world to obtain
fresh material in exchange for whatever it is they have to offer, which
would be...what? Maybe just having them be quiet would be sufficient
recompense.

Paul Swartz