[meteorite-list] Kalahari lunar meteorite stones - photos

Randy Korotev korotev at wustl.edu
Tue Apr 10 14:50:11 EDT 2007

Incidentally, here are some photos of small slices of the Kalahari
008 and 009 lunar meteorite stones that I recieved today.

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/kalahari008.htm

I'm unaware of any other photos.

I don't know any more about this meteorite than the publicly
available information.  I'm surprised that the samples of the two
stones look as similar to each other as they do given the differences
in the descriptions.  The samples sure don't jump out at me and
exclaim "I'm from the Moon."  I can't wait to do the chemical analyses.

Randy Korotev