[meteorite-list] fall patterns

Robin Galyan robin_707a at ifiles.com
Sun Apr 8 13:18:41 EDT 2007

 So what I am now trying to logicate is fall patterns.    In particular the
relationship of smaller chunks vs larger ones.

Perhaps you can assist me in my thinking.

Say a breakup occurs and the debris is rushing in thru the atmosphere.
The heavier ones would fly straighter and faster right? (further).     Or
would gravity make them fall faster hence sooner?

If a 1 lb (say 500g) specimen was found on a hillside,    I guess I am
trying to figure where to look for the smaller ones that probably fell with
it.     Further up the hill or down?   or both?    And how far would I need
to look?