[meteorite-list] NWA 3159 Eucrite Xpol micrographs

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 00:38:36 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/6/2007 9:29:52 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
tett at rogers.com writes:
Tom,

Outstanding!

I also liked the  super high 1600x magnification.  The metal bleb is awesome.
Is this  perhaps toilet?

I should be receiving my 3159 thin section within the  month and now can't
wait to get it.

Cheers,

Mike  Tettenborn

Hi Mike thanks for the compliment.  I hate the way spell  checkers set me up.
 I have sent out some funny ones.

I hate to  guess what I am looking at, I just don't have the experience.
Additionally, things that look one way in Xpol, may have a very different look
in incident light.  Perhaps someone on the list could answer?

You  will enjoy your thin.  It it covered or polished?  This thin I used  was
a loan from Jeff Hodges, a very fine polished thin he had special made for
me to do reflected light imaging on.

Tom