[meteorite-list] Fwd: Rob Elliott retiring as seller (?!)

Michael L Blood mlblood at cox.net
Wed Apr 4 12:51:12 EDT 2007

on 4/4/07 9:18 AM, Martin Altmann at altmann at meteorite-martin.de wrote:
> In a few years you won't find almost no professional meteorite dealers
> anymore. Only a small oligopoly. And a few collectors, selling here and
> there a piece.
after starting in meteorites and was delighted to find 4 or 5 meteorite
dealers there.
        And what do you think the buyer of Rob E's "collection" is going
to do with the countless "duplicates" he just acquired? (if this story is,
in fact, true - Rob does have a sense of humor, you know).
        Don't hold your breath for dealers to disappear. As long as there
are collectors there will be dealers - and before there were many
collectors, there were dealers.
        Now, with everyone getting a "free web page" with their email
service there are hundreds of dealers. Someone just posted something
like 67 well known ones? Ya, we're runnin' out of dealers fast!
        Best wishes, Michael

--
Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how
many people you brought with you.  ­ Anonymous