[meteorite-list] Denver Show

Jim Strope nwa482 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 21 11:06:13 EDT 2006

Hi All.........

Here are a couple small goodies that I picked up at the Denver show for my
collection.  As you all know larger Sikhote-alin are coming out few and far
between now.  These two are certainly not large (except in ebay description
terms!!!).

Anyway, the first one looks like it came apart along crystalline planes.
There are 5 straight edges on this specimen which I have never seen before.
Anyone else?

http://www.catchafallingstar.com/sa10.htm

The second one is even smaller but has lots of character.  It looks like it
has been frozen in flight much like the 475 gram specimen that I had years
ago ( http://207.56.99.163/sa475.JPG )

http://www.catchafallingstar.com/sa7.htm

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street