[meteorite-list] Primitive achondrites

tracy latimer daistiho at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 15:50:45 EDT 2006

I just received my own lovely little slice of Itqiy from Pierre-Marie Pele
(thank you so much; it got here safely!) and am once again struck by the
crystalline structure.  Are there any other meteorites that have this type
of structure; it almost looks like polished terrestrial black granite, but
much finer.  I'm assuming that they would almost certainly have to be
primitive achondrites, but the pictures I've been able to find of Zaklodzie
don't look much like Itqiy.

Off to drool over my new acquisition again,
Tracy Latimer