[meteorite-list] living near a strewfield

ted brattstrom volcanoted at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 01:28:01 EDT 2006

Aloha -

  When I lived on that other island (Oahu) I was within 2-3km of the  Palolo touchdown point, (since I lived in Palolo Valley) and it must  have been within 10-15 km of the Honolulu meteorite strewn field.

  Since I live on the Big Island, no one has found / identified a  meteorite here - difficult due to the problem of looking for black  rocks on black rocks - or rocks in dense rainforest... They must be out  there :-)

  Cheers - ted - from the rocking and rolling island.