[meteorite-list] Pluto for sale?????????

Sterling K. Webb sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 8 18:03:57 EDT 2006

Hi,

    You can "buy" land on the Moon. You can
"buy" land on Mars. But this is the first time I've
seen an entire planet up for sale!
    Apparently the seller is not enterprising enough
to parcel the planet up into lots like the Moon and
Mars sellers and sell the planet piecemeal. There's
a lot more money to be made by subdividing! Pluto
has 17,950,000 square kilometers, almost twice the
area of Europe or the US; it's well worth subdividing.
    The text of the auction doesn't mention Charon,
but since it's shown in one of the pictures, I assume
it's included in the sale.
    It's a bargain price!

Sterling K. Webb