[meteorite-list] What else do you collect?

Mike Miller meteoritefinder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:52:41 EST 2006

Hello Gary and all. I started with meteorites that I had found and then I
started to buy some and so on. My collecting has now spilled over into Gold,
some of which I have found. But I have also bought and traded for some of
it. Then I found myself acquiring knives, it started with a Gibeon knife
then a Campo knife. Now I have a couple regular knives in my display
cabinet. Then I noticed some really cool cabs made from interesting rocks
and I have started a small collection of different cabs and rock specimens.
I also do a lot of metal detecting so I find some interesting junk (I call
them treasures) so I also  have a collection of rusty cans nails and other
interesting items that have been dug up or found in old junk piles. I even
have a Samurai sword, but they are way too expensive to collect very many, 1
sword from the mid 1700's costs 6k ouch!
 So I guess I love to collect and meteorites just got me started!

On 11/29/06, Gary K. Foote <gary at webbers.com> wrote:

> As a neophyte collector of meteorites I have amassed about $1K in
> specimens, all of which
> I cherish dearly.  I am learning about preservation as some of my
> specimens are beginning
> to show signs of scaling, kamacite ooze and other such degradations.
>
> Interestingly enough, along the way I've also become interested in
> terrestrial rocks,
> fossils, impactites and the like.  I was just wondering;
>
> What else does everyone collect?
>
> Gary

Mike Miller Po Box 314 Gerber Ca 96035
www.meteoritefinder.com