[meteorite-list] The most beautiful meteorite? and a little ad:

tett tett at rogers.com
Thu Nov 30 20:20:02 EST 2006

List,

Have been lucking to get some great meteorite slices lately.  Two are just outstanding and I can't decide which is the more beautiful.

For me, a great meteorite slice needs three things;

#1 Beauty, give me an nice slice of 869 over an ugly angrite any day.
#2 History, falls with a story are the best.
#3 Scarcity, if it is rare then cool too.

That said, I have a my nice ~7 gram Abee slice and ~7 gram Gujba slice side by side and they are both breath taking.  If the house was on fire and I could only grab one before the works went down I could probably will never choose.  Might even be a tight bet between one of these and my wife.

So I pose the question to the list, if you had to choose one meteorite slice which would it be?  Some cool chondrite or a rare lunar section or perhaps some unique howardite.

Cheers,

tett

P.S. : With my latest acquisitions I now have a little 0.7 gram thin slice of Gujba for sale and a thin 1.5 gram slice of Abee for sale.