[meteorite-list] Frequency of Sale Ads

Thomas Webb webbth1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 00:31:44 EST 2006

Michael and others,
As far as the one ad per week "rule" being a
"gentlemen's agreement", here is Art's post of August
21, 2005:

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:38:22 -0700
From: "Art" <blurtheline at gmail.com>  View Contact
Details   Add Mobile Alert
To: "Meteorite Mailing List"
Subject: [meteorite-list] From the Admin - update on
List Policies

Good Evening;

Here are the latest updates of the List policies (note
# 7 regarding
frequency of advertisement posts) :

1. All posts should be related to meteorites in some
way.
2. All posts should be courteous and professional
(profanity will
result in removal).
3. Do NOT post private messages or personal attacks to
the list.
4. Include a relevant -subject- in the subject field
of the email on
all posts.
5. Do NOT send HTML or Rich Text formatted emails;
only TEXT will be
posted.
6. Do NOT send emails with files attached (include a
web link to the
file).
7. Advertisement posts should be limited to once a
week - per member.
8. All Advertisement posts should have the word AD in
the subject of
the email.

Your support of these policies will lead to the
continued success of
this interesting and positive forum environment, thank
you!

Art Jones - blurtheline at gmail.com
Meteorite Mailing List Admin
Although this is not reflected in the list of rules on
the Meteorite Central Page, this update was directly
from Art.  I don't mind the ads being more frequent
than that but I thought all of you might like to read
what Art had to say on it a little over a year ago
when this subject had heated up again.
My best,
Thomas