[meteorite-list] BRight Green Fireball..North GA.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 29 18:37:39 EST 2006

It's very unlikely it was under the clouds. It is fairly common for
fireballs to shine through clouds, however, and they are usually
perceived as below even though they are miles above. This effect has
been caught on videos.

No shortage of technical errors in the referenced article, either
(what's new?). I particularly liked this interesting construction:

"Astronomers believe a 10-mile-wide meteor that hit Mexico caused the
extinction of the dinosaurs, Byrd said.

Corley said he saw the event from his home."

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com