[meteorite-list] Green LASER Pointers

mark ford markf at ssl.gb.com
Wed Nov 29 05:37:59 EST 2006

Hi,

Yeah I bought a green laser some time back, best thing I ever did. At
night you can point out stars as the beam is very easy to see. There are
also some modifications around on the net to increase the output power,
they ship them with power typically set to 3-5mW max.

 Usually there is a variable resistor inside which controls the drive
current, turning it usually increases the output power, or changing the
fixed drive resistor to a lower value. Caution though, overheating can
be an issue with over driving them too much, but usually they are
capable of a lot more than shipped, and are set low to meet the regs.

I managed to get mine to safely run to 10mW (measured with a Yag power
meter also bought on ebay), and when focused with a lense it will
actually burn paper!!

If you get one I guarantee you will go outside on a foggy night and play
Darth Vader Light Sabre fights, its going to happen I bet you cannot
resist it!!  -  Lol!

 Mark Ford

  ------*