[meteorite-list] List Member Derek Yoost in the News

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Mon Nov 27 13:35:35 EST 2006

Dear Listees:

Greetings from Tucson.

Meteorite List member, and my long-time friend from New Jersey, Derek
Yoost is featured in a news article about meteorites and meteorite
collecting:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/
COMMUNITIES/611270323/1203/NEWS01

Derek is an accomplished paleontologist and discovered an entirely new
species of mosquito in fossil amber, some years ago. Derek and I have
spent many happy days in the field together and he is also an expert
preparator of fossils and meteorites. Some of the high-end meteorites
you've seen featured in auctions in New York and California were
prepared by Derek. Good to see him getting some well-deserved
recognition.

Nice going Derek!

Sincerely,

Geoff N.