[meteorite-list] Meteorites with 'white' or fair grey inclusions

Fred Caillou Noir fred at caillou-noir.com
Thu Nov 23 05:38:55 EST 2006

Hi All,

Just a short note about meteorites that display such fair grey (or 'white') inclusions:
Caillou Noir's team have found a great strewnfield in the Sahara in 2001 (exact location not disclosed =;o)) that provided a total know weiht of 410.9kg of a fantastic brecciated meteorite that has been classified as an L3 and officially named SAHARA 02500.
Such fair grey inclusions have been dicovered in some individuals of this meteorite, which sometimes appear at the surface so that you don't even need to cut to see it!
As an example you can have a look at a 3145g specimen at: http://www.caillou-noir.com/images/WM3145d.jpg
Enjoy this picture! And should you like to know more about SAHARA 02500, you can go to  http://www.caillou-noir.com/Wadi%20Mellene.htm and also to http://www.caillou-noir.com/Wadi%20Mellene%20Big.htm
Have a nice day,
Kind regards

Frederic
Kayunwar
(Michel Franco is IMCA member #3869 and Frederic Beroud is IMCA member #2491)
http://www.caillou-noir.com/