[meteorite-list] Rusty rocks-- Lawrencite Disease, Correction

Mr EMan mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 19:59:18 EST 2006

OOps..	Type class locale for Lawrencite was the
Tazewell meteorite, Claiborne Co., Tennessee, USA not
a Georgia meteorite but it has been found in Georgia
meteorites. So much for facts from memory.

Any treatment has to remove the chlorine
ions/compounds. I suggest I could place a freshly
fallen iron in distileld degassed water, seal it and
it would form a thin rind of Iron Oxide but remain
pristine for decades.

 In fact Lawrencite's type