[meteorite-list] Dune formation and (coming later) Deflation basins and where to search for meteorites

drtanuki drtanuki at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 11:59:48 EST 2006

Dear List,
  This topic may provide some interesting and valuable
information for the list about where to search for
meteorites.  If someone wants to form a "Working
Group" on this topic please let me know offline.

  Here are some references that may be of interest to
a few of you concerning dune formation:

Main Page:

http://www.geog.ucl.ac.uk/~hmomiji/#Research
Sub-pages:

http://www.geog.ucl.ac.uk/~hmomiji/

http://www.geog.ucl.ac.uk/~hmomiji/environ.htm

http://www.geog.ucl.ac.uk/~hmomiji/#PublicationsI

  Please feel free to contribute IF you wish.  We have
several on this list that are desert experts; Dr. Dave
Mouat is  an expert on world desert environments.

  While working for Colorado State University,
Engineering Department, Fluid Dynamics and Wind
Engineering, I assisted on studies for the Kingdom of
Saudi Arabia and we had several tons of Saudi sand
flown in for our wind tunnel studies.  Not all sands
are the same by the way in "behavior".

Best, Dirk Ross...Tokyo