[meteorite-list] AD: Darryl Futrell Canyon Diablo

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Sun Nov 19 21:58:21 EST 2006

Dear Listees:

Greetings all.

I recently came across an attractive Canyon Diablo which I received as
part of an exchange with the late Darryl Futrell, back in 1999. At the
time I had just returned from the Popigai Crater in Siberia and Darryl
was very interested in acquiring impactites which I brought back from
the site -- Darryl being a highly respected authority on tektites,
impact breccias, etc.

http://www.meteorite.com/Darryl_Futrell

It occurred to me that Darryl had many friends on the List, and perhaps
someone here would enjoy having a meteorite specimen that once belonged
to him. It is 537.9 grams, wire brushed, nice display piece. Darryl did
not send an ID card with it, but I do have the pertinent correspondence
in which we discussed the trade, so that should work as provenance.

If anyone would like to give this piece a good home, please email me
off-List for photos and details. It's not a super valuable specimen,
but I'd like to see it go to someone who will really appreciate its
history, rather than just list it for sale on my web page. Trade okay.

Regards,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org