[meteorite-list] ID cards

Dave Freeman mjwy dfreeman at fascination.com
Thu Nov 16 12:12:47 EST 2006

Dear Mark;
I still go with a card yes, and......the very unpopular idea of a chain
of custody form.  About half of what you are discussing should be on a
chain of custody form/ authenticity certificate.  The more valuable, the
more special, the greater need for a chain of custody form.
Heck a nice NWA from Dean accompanied by his card is real nice.   A gaza
stone should come with a certificate that is signed and frame able.
Don't forget that much of the information you discuss is in a book and
can be referenced by the individual.
New auction:  Gaza house crumb: $200 comes with signed affidavit and all
the scientific data in a large folder, $40 shipping.

AS ONE CAN SEE from the comments on this thread, no two persons can
agree on what in heck should be on a card and we all wonder why dealers
don't piddle around with cards much any more.    One size fits all card,
additional fee $65 and I will accompany the specimen with a card of your
design that gets custom made at the local card shop.....caution: font
may be very very small if too much information is printed on the "plank".
Back to the card forum................
Dave F.
no sumptin' fo' nutin' here.