[meteorite-list] Leonids 2006

Jack Schrader jack.schrader at cox.net
Sun Nov 19 12:16:36 EST 2006

Hello List.  Clear skies in Arizona and good viewing as well.  My wife and I
and a bunch of friends drove out of town ( Sierra Vista) about ten miles and
parked on our vacant land away from the city lights.  We set up lawn chairs
and filled our cups with "Snow Snake Medicine" which as most of you probably
know is Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps.  The skies were absolutely
clear and the temperature in the low 60's.  We were rewarded about 8:30 pm
with a very nice meteor to the north and then it really picked up around
9:00 pm with counts of 2-3 meteors per minute for the first half hour and
tapering off to just one or so every 5 minutes until we packed up at 11:30
pm.  All in all a nice night in Arizona for meteors.  Best wishes to
everyone for a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday!  Dr. Jack Schrader