[meteorite-list] Lousy Leonids 2006 ==> next dependable meteorshower timing

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun Nov 19 17:10:24 EST 2006

Don't overlook the Geminids, December 14. Not a lot of interference from
the Moon this year. IMO the Geminids are the number one shower to be
seen- it produces the highest rate of any shower (much better than the
Perseids), and by far the most fireballs (which tend to be fairly long
and colorful, because of the low speed particles, just 35 km/s).

The Quadrantids can be quite good, but they aren't as dependable as the
Geminids for fireball production.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory