[meteorite-list] Tulia (a) and Dimmitt

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Fri Nov 17 15:14:08 EST 2006

Mark wrote:

"Tulia (a) is believed by most, myself included, to be
  an H5 stone chondrite, and Dimmitt, the H3-4."

Hello Mark and List,

My 25-gram Tulia (a) specimen that I purchased from Walter Zeitschel
in August 1987 shows so many clearly delineated chondrules that I'd
find it difficult to call it an H5 chondrite.

Oh, by the way, my 18.5-gram Dimmitt endcut has the Huss number
"H9,287" painted on in thin white letters and numbers and is a sea
of grayish chondrules.

Here is an interesting reference for those interested in these interesting
meteorites - paired or not paired that's the question ;-)

HUSS G.I. (1982) Sorting out the many falls of the
Tulia-Dimmitt area (Meteoritics 17, 1982, 229-230).

Best wishes,

Bernd