[meteorite-list] Wingstars

Sterling K. Webb sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 9 15:40:26 EST 2006

Hi,

    "Wingstars" are meteor-wrongs. A gentleman named
Russell T. Wing published "The Discovery of the Wingstars,
Volume I and II," decades ago. It's a classic case of delusion;
he saw "meteorites" everywhere: quartz ones, linestone ones,
petrified wood ones...
    The books are the best collection of color plates of
meteor-wrongs ever made, though.

Sterling K. Webb