[meteorite-list] Steve Arnold (Chicago) what are you doing????????

LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 11:27:46 EST 2006

Good morning Folks,

I'd be interested in knowing whether the hole in the specimen at issue was
the result of the flight of the specimen (ablation) or whether it resulted from
natural weathering, as was suggested as a possible cause for the hole in a

As far as meteorites with holes are concerned, my supposition would be that a
"weather-induced" specimen would be worth something less, perhaps
significantly less, than a truly "ablation-generated" specimen of similar mass and
aesthetically pleasing shape.  Perhaps also Mr. Arnold, (Chicago Steve), given his
significant price reduction for his specimen, is silently screaming to us all,
his personal impression regarding the origin of the hole?

Just a thought.

Best regards to all,

Paul Martyn
In Sunny Savannah

In a message dated 11/3/2006 10:52:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,