[meteorite-list] New Collector Card Series

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at comcast.net
Wed Nov 1 00:32:23 EST 2006

Thanks Ed,

Stonehenge was selected as an icon because it is a well-known ancient
observatory where both the Lunar and Maritain cycles were witnessed among
other celestial bodies. As a matter of fact, the table stone in the center
of Stonehenge is used to track the Moon.

I have had outside interest in mass producing a similar series but this
simply isn't possible. There is no automated way of depositing the aliquot
in the sample bay due to variability so this was done manually, a very time
consuming process. Also, the scarcity of planetary material available to
such a project would not allow for mass production. I priced all of the
cards the same although my costs exceeded that of production in a few cases.
The Artwork alone added a considerable amount to my costs.  The nice thing
is that I got a new logo out of the deal.

I only produced 50 of each to see what happens.  In all honesty, any revenue
generated by this project will come no where near close to offsetting the
costs of cutting loses. I just thought it would be a fun project and a good
way to distribute small fragments/cutting dust in a presentable package. It
took me over 5 years to collect sterile cutting dust or small fragments from
12 different planetary meteorites. It is the least expensive way for many to
actually own a piece of the Moon or Mars, assemble an SNC set or own a piece
of both the Highlands and Mare regions of the Moon plus I think they are
cool!

Take Care,

Adam