[meteorite-list] Hello

Ed Deckert edeckert at triad.rr.com
Wed May 24 20:15:56 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm quite new to the group, but thought that I have been "lurking around"
long enough and would like to introduce myself.  My name is Ed Deckert, and
I live in North Carolina.  I am brand spanking new to collecting meteorites,
but have been collecting terrestrial rocks and minerals for several years.
I also do some lapidary work (cutting and polishing rocks and minerals) and
hope to apply that to meteorites as well.

Like the proverbial "kid in a candy store," I have been buying up various
specimens to start building a collection.  I got bitten by the meteorite bug
at a recent Astronomy related event (Tri Star) that is cosponsored by my
local Astronomy Club.  I have purchased some bulk NWA material that I am
going to make available at next year's Tri Star as a fund raiser for my
club, donating all profit to the club (probably at the expense of a few
extra bucks on my part giving away some pieces to kids and teachers - but
I've been doing similar things with the terrestrial minerals for years, so
it actually will feel good.)

I hope to learn much from this group, and I do hope that when I ask a newbie
question, nobody takes offense.

Regards for now,

Ed