[meteorite-list] Mike Farmer and Oman

Michael Farmer meteoritehunter at comcast.net
Mon May 22 13:18:11 EDT 2006

John, I have never done you wrong either.
But I will say this, and you must admit it. Were you, or were you all not
running around 24/7 without pants and shirts on?
Ivan's videos (wonderful videos I might ad) ALL, every last one shows
nothing but 10 or 11 guys in underwear running around, and even on the one
paved highway in the country.
Again, in an Islamic country, this is absolutely forbidden! Anyone who has
been to one knows that for a fact. I think that your actions and demeanor
played a large part in your unfortunate situation. Sure, they found trucks
full of stones, equipment, computers, etc, and wanted to know the deal.
	I find it so hard to believe that they had this major task force
looking for me, that they offered a 1/4 million dollars for my capture.
Hell, I would sell them all my Omani meteorites for $250,000 today, and ship
them back for free!
They caught you guys with hundreds of kilos of meteorites, took Ivan to get
another ton which were in storage, and then they let you go, while they
still want me, who has found like 1% of what Ivan has found?
This story just doesn’t ad up.
Either way, I love Oman, I have never had the slightest problem there with
police/customs, and if my day comes, I will deal with it. Oman customs opens
my crates, looks at my stones, and sends me on my way.
	You sound angry that the Omani police would hold you in jail for two
days without charges. President Bush is holding people in Cuba for 4 YEARS
now without charges. Maybe they thought you were terrorists. You are lucky
Bush didn’t get hold of you and ship you to Cuba.

Michael Farmer