[meteorite-list] false report/but I was hoping

Steve Arnold, Chicago!! steve_arnol60120 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 16:36:57 EDT 2006

Hi list.I was hoping lighting had struck twice ,but it was not meant to
be.I had heard from my sister and brother that a meteorite had landed
about 20 miles NW of me in a far west suburb.You do not know how excited I
was to hear that.I was at my nephews baseball game when I walked up and
said hello and my sister said,I'm surprised you're here.And I said,why?Did
you hear?Hear what?A caller up in Woodstock,IL called up WGN radio that a
meteorite had hit a car and was creating all sorts of confusion?I said no
I did not!So of course I got on the phone calling a few people of what
might be happening and I said,All I can do is wait to see what I
find.Anyway I was up till midnight trying to find what had happend.Well
after diving thru 8 different radio,TV,and newspapers on line I finally
found what happened.A caller called up the radio station and called in a
hoax getting the whole town in an uproar over falling meteorites.Later the
police had said no meteorites what so ever fell and there were no
disturbances.Oh well I was really hoping.I was only 12 miles away at the
time,so I would have been the first meteorite person on the scene.Sorry
mike and bob.Maybe and hopefully next time.

                 Wishing,Hoping and Praying
                                    Steve Arnold,Chicago,USA!!

Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120

Illinois Meteorites,Ltd!