AW: AW: [meteorite-list] insomnia can cause clouding of consciousness

stan . laser_maniac at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 16:08:09 EDT 2006

>Contra, Stan!
>you are speaking from that era, when almost nobody was collecting
>meteorites
>and there were worldwide 5 dealers, hence no market, the golden age of the
>70ies and partially 80ies, when there was so few interest in meteorites,
>that there wasn't a market at all and the prices even lower than in the
>1880ies.
>You are right, when you're telling, that in the 90ies the prices grew
>enormously - main factor, I think, was the upcoming internet and with it,
>the increasing number of collectors. Before almost every collector and
>every
>dealer, they all knew eachother in person (but not Martin, the kid).
>But the development of internet is irreversible, so those times are gone.

I'm only 30 - I'm talking about the very tail end of the '80's and the
begining of the '90's -  only a few  years before the nwa boom. there were
still plenty of people collecting meteorites back then. Ask Bob Haag.

if we are looking at historical price trends it's unfair to simply look at
todays prices vs that of the prices seen in the peak of the speculative
frenzy for meteorites. Those prices were unsustianable - even with todays
increased collector base.