[meteorite-list] Ebay seller "AZPotpourri"

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Fri May 5 01:20:19 EDT 2006

Hello List,

The IMCA Board received  emails throughout the day pointing out the
"questionable" Ebay auctions by  AZpotpourri, Here is one of  them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6626773556

Our ever diligent Ken Newton contacted the seller and pointed out  some
obvious errors and problems with those auctions, not the least being the  name
"Harvey Nininger Meteorite Collection". The seller responded quickly that  he had
already received several emails and had decided to cancel the auctions  rather
than look like a fraud.
Later this evening Ken contacted him again  pointing out the problem with his
ME page still advertising the said Collection,  and a shadowy Organization.
Again he responded quickly, rewrote his ME  page and thanked Ken.

I believe this is a Ebay seller who has learned an  important lesson today:
Don't mess with the Meteorite Community!!!

Thank  you for being part of it.

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com