[meteorite-list] MetBull, additions, synonyms, alternative names.

Kevin Forbes vk3ukf at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 18:01:30 EST 2006

Hi all,

would it not make sense to include alternative place names and synonyms for
such entries in MetBull, even if it is a late addition. It is an online
database. This I believe should allow people to find without fuss what they
are looking for.

Maybe even local language names for entries such as how Henbury is known by
several.
Henbury, recent. Double Punchbowl, old. Chindu chinna waru chingi yaku,
Aboriginal.

Barringer Crater is also known by several names, etc.

I don't know what's involved, or how flexible the MetBull structure is.

Kevin, VK3UKF.