[meteorite-list] Any interesting (?) Chinese tektite

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Fri Mar 10 05:47:52 EST 2006

Hello list,

Hope everyone is doing well.

This may or may not be interesting, as it may or may not be that unusual.
However, I have sorted through and sold a lot of tektites over the years and
this is the only tektite like it I have seen.

A nice average sized dumbell tektite....

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/coltektitechin76g.html

Photographs were taken under white photograph lights in a room with white
walls.  The color is more obvious in person and was hard to reproduce
digitally. On the ends and in the surface dimples, you can see a very
striking blue color.  The ends also show a little purple color, but more of
the blue.  Not sure what has caused this colorling.  Any thoughts?

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com