[meteorite-list] Uncut NWA's - Does the exterior disclose theinterior

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Fri Jun 30 18:17:32 EDT 2006

Walter N. wrote:

>>and I know, at least in other hobbies, that bulk items can be cherry picked way before it gets to you.>>

Walter, Seriously, isn't this painfully obvious even on a trip to the tomato aisle in the supermarket:-)  though I see you have already answered your own question...  If the lot is "Cherry-Picked", who do you think is picking the cherries?  And I doñt mean just the last guy.  Run a potent magnet through your pile for starters and see if they don't all stick to it.  And if something doesn't, make sure it isn't just weathered away.  But you never know...no one is perfect; one might have gotten away or the guys giving you instant feedback might throw in an especially stone for the publicity.  Unless your vendor appears too eagle eyed (I.e., advise: get to know the vendors first hand by buying from all of them, the way we all learn!)... Where do you think all the interesting planetaries as of late are coming from...the planetary meteorite graveyard, or the same bowl of cherries. Just an idle question, because, Who are we to complain?  They are meteorites and it isn't like we had to go camelless to the Oasis of Siwa filled with Tucson Sun-Spiders to get them!!  If you want to invest do the obvious.  To sit back and have fun, maybe we'll get a blister on our little eBay finger...

Reminding me of a classic Ziggy Cartoon.  Ziggy at the All-You-Can-Eat Buffet complains why he can't have more than the sad offering on his plate.  The vender says pointing to the plate, "What do you expect - I just gave you All-You-Can-Eat!"

"If-meteorites-are-bowl-of-cherries-then-what-am-I-doing-in-all-the-pits-Doug".  Happy Elections!  We'll be picking a new Presidente Sunday for the next 6 years.  Anyone who wants to hear the humorous side of our pre-cherry picked candidates is welcome to ask me privately!!  VOTE, or don`t count!