[meteorite-list] Meteorite from Jupiter-- uh, I mean TO Jupiter

stan . laser_maniac at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 12:38:18 EDT 2006

> >>The green and gold flecked charcoal-colored stone was too hot to
>handle, he said. So he let it cool, then stored it in a drawer.>>
>

>Hmmm Case closed I'd say ......

i wouldbnt be so quick to judge based on this fact alone. the pic of the
stone shows a very tiny specimin, maybe 50g tops. the smaller the rock the
higher the surface area to weight ratio, meaning there is less cold soaked
mass to absorb the heat of ablation. while i would easily belive a 5 ton
iron would land cold (even freezing) to the touch, i would similarly belive
a tiny stone could get warm to the touch.