[meteorite-list] re: Satellite Reentry Witness 4

Kevin Forbes vk3ukf at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 9 00:39:56 EDT 2006

G'day George, I wish I had some documentation to rely upon, but do not. I
have a feeling that it was in the winter period down here, though, I do seem
to remember being cold, and standing on the platform, instead of sitting and
freezing my backside off. The object was already incandescant when it caught
my eye. I think perhaps I caught the last moments of the display, the
breakup etc.
Keeping in mind folks, I often watch satellites in the sky after the Sun has
set, they are travelling at leisurely and recognisable pace or velocity
relative to the star background. Re-stating, I have never seen a meteor
travelling at the same slow pace, they are always much quicker.

In the meteor videos I have watched, the bolide and its children are still
traveling faster than that which I saw that night. But, then again, it was
very low on the horizon, and no doubt much further away, this may have
reduced it's apparent velocity greatly.

Kevin, VK3UKF.