[meteorite-list] Kerala Red Rain Was From A Comet, Study Suggests

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 02:01:00 EDT 2006

Darren G. agreed:

>>How do you get a comet raining down material for three months over  one
city?
>>It would have to be geosynchronous (revolving once around  the Earth in 24
>>hours so that is always over the same spot). For  some reason, I doubt this.

>Yeah, I had that same problem with the  idea.

While it is easy to be critical and even devilishly  satisfying to mock this
theory, as long as we all agree that we don't agree  with the proponents of
the comet idea, expend the time in those details? (except  Martin, who actually
seems to be in contact with the 'researchers' and  might influence positively
what is going on out there).  Still, just  because it is an off-the-wall
theory that seems to be in obvious trouble, it  would take some more scientific
explaining to discount the possibility  that the mysterious red dust entered the
atmosphere and and took a  while to settle down as it combined in the
droplets.  Granted, three  months if that is the number sounds crazy, but wind
currents and gusts lifting  it off the ground bherever it fell is an alternate to
flaming them in  absentia with the "geostationary" idea.  Micrometeorites take a
couple  of weeks to settle.

Saludos, Doug