[meteorite-list] Ad: large one cent ebay sale tonight

Lee vegas at centurytel.net
Thu Jun 1 09:35:47 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Farmer" <meteoritehunter at comcast.net>
To: <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:02 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Ad: large one cent ebay sale tonight

>I have over 60 meteorites ending tomorrow on ebay, some great items!
> Virtually all listed starting at one cent!
>
> 200 gram chondrite sphere! This one is worth over $400.00
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6632574565

Michael, is there something I am missing on this piece?  Even if the
original chunk of NWA869 weighed 500 grams, and the rest was wasted in
cutting, wouldn't the uncut stone have sold for about $50?  I would think
the 'sphering' process wouldn't add more than $75 to $100 at most to the
retail price.  Where does the $400 or more 'value' come from?  I am sorry if
I am misunderstanding something.

Lee Cornelius